View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 04:17 PM
TanyaL

We need to keep in mind this fact: while we all quilt, that is not what all that some of us do who sew. Some of us sew costumes for plays which get worn a few times only. Some of us sew for children who wear summer clothes 3 or 4 months and they get tossed. There are legimate uses for some not so sturdily woven fabric. Sometimes I like a see through blouse. Walmart has never intended its fabric to be only quilting fabric just as Hancock or Hobby Lobby is not for only quilting fabric. Sometimes when we say a piece of fabric goods was so thin we couldn't possibly use it for quilting, it is wonderful for a sheer overblouse or some other use. Turning our nose up at a department for having a variety of fabric is like saying "I won't shop in that electronics department ever because when I was there they did not have a single printer that was suitable for my need." You know you may need a camera, TV, movie, etc. at some date. And sometime you MIGHT need a piece of fabric for something other than quilting.
Maybe we should just say, "I can choose from a variety of fabric stores (if you are among those so fortunate) and I choose to buy my quilting fabric at XYZ store." That sounds so much nicer.

Last edited by TanyaL; 02-17-2012 at 04:30 PM.