View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 06:39 PM
DonnaQuilts

Default WalMart Fabric

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Well, I'm very glad that they've brought back the fabric, but last night I experienced sticker shock - most fabrics were just under $8/yard! Maybe they think they've turned into an LQS? Sorry, Walmart. Not at those prices.
I just went from Spring Hill, TN to Taylorville, Illinois via Paducah, Ky. What a great difference in WalMarts. Columbia, TN WalMart doesn't have fabric, just some meager prepackaged ones. Paducah has items I haven't seen at other WalMarts. Wow, do they ever have the stuff. I always buy something there. Then I get to Taylorville and they have pretty good fabric, similar to $5.99 at JoAnns for $3.00 and $4.00. Of course I had to buy more. Have heard that the Taylorville, IL store is going to lose its fabrics. As a stockholder I am irate toward the decision maker in Benton, Arkansas. Why don't they listen to us. Yes, it is a nightmare getting service. I have to track down a clerk. Today in Taylorville, a nice lady from maintenance cut my fabric. You never know who'll come and when. Paducah has clerks stocking fabric so I was lucky there. Wake up WalMart.