View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 07:00 PM
momto5

Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
On line paying is similar to an avalanche. You don't want to be caught by the oncoming rush of snow but when it happens you have to go along. I resisted going online for bill paying inorder to support our postal service, but I know it is going to close for lack of support so now I pay on line. However, our bank bills us for the privilege of doing that, so I don't save money on the cost of the stamps.
I do find it convenient and time saving, so over all I like it.

When the US Post Office goes defunct and all its services are taken over by private companies a person would expect that the govn't would stop losing money on this dept. However, I have faith in this administration that even for years after we no longer have the US mail, the gov't will be losing money in it and it will still be a budget line item.
IF your bank charges you to do this, fight back and join a Credit Union! I belong to 2 of them, guess I'm hedging my bet for when my bank decides to do this. I already moved my car payment to the Credit Union b/c the finance people gave me a ration about taking my deceased- for- three- years husband's name off the account..."it's not our policy, ma'am to remove the deceased's name from the account until it's paid for..." I asked them if they were prepared to bill HIM for the account? Shortly thereafter, the Credit Union got the account and the funny part is, they didn't need his name at all! If you want the finance name, PM me and I'll gladly put it out there!
My advice is to fight back...it DOES work...and you're right about the USPS...I can see them working this for the next 50-60 years! (And yep, I can talk about them, I used to work there!) The first thing they need to do to bring them back inline is stop paying the ones who find it amusing to call in (not) sick, show up when they want to, not work when they're there, and on ad nauseum! When I worked there, the supervisors knew who would work and believe me, they worked them to death. They didn't bother the others...and I know for a fact that still is continuing!