View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 09:47 PM
AngelaLashley

Default Hi from Houston, Tx

Hi everyone! I found the Quilting Board forums a couple of weeks ago and decided to stop lurking and say hi to everybody! It will take me awhile to get through all the posts and learn my way around here but I'll have a great time while I'm at it. I'm sure I will discover new friends and learn much from all of you as I make my way through.
Hmm, where do I start? Ok, just the basics for now (I tend to ramble so I will try to stick to the basics. I apologize in advance if I fail). I live just south of Houston in Freeport, Tx. I'm a Mom to 4 wonderful grown children and grandma to 6 (for now). I'm married to my best friend and he has learned to let me be when it comes to my hobbies( well, he does shake his head sometimes in utter confusion) and not to ask questions, especially those concerning my stash or how much I spend. I have 3 dogs, all toy breeds. Two are toy Poodles, one is a Maltese (our white poodle Honey is 2 weeks away from having her puppies).
I have been sewing and making quilts since I was a teenager. I would say that skill-wise I still have much to learn. I tend to stick with the more simple patterns and make them more interesting with choices in fabrics. I use both machine and handquilting depending on the quilt itself and it's size, but not in the same quilt. My current WIP is a king sized Irish chain quilt. The top is almost complete and I will be handquilting this baby as it is much too large for my machine to handle.
I guess that cover the basics without too much rambling so I'll say toodles for now but please feel free to ask any questions if you want to know anything else. And if any of you are in the Houston area and want to get together and hit the LQS's hit me up, I'd love to meet you!
Toodles,
Angela