View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 05:01 AM
quiltymom

Originally Posted by luvmyash View Post
I know a lot of you have quibbles with Wal-mart but I went to a store close to me yesterday and was amazed with the fabric selection and the quality..Yes as the saying says you get what you pay for.. in this case it was 100% true they have fabric from $.99 fat quarter to 7.97 a yard quilt shop quality..You just have to pay attention to what you buy.. I purchased several pieces and brought them home and since I prewash everything I did so with them nothing bled and everything pressed just as good as stuff I had paid 11.00 a yard for, all of these were in the 3.97 to 4.44 a yard range..as a matter of fact 1 piece of it,, there is the same thing at a fabric shop close by and it 9.97 a yard same fabric....Also their counter person there was helpful and polite which is more than I can say for some other.. Again maybe I just happen to be lucky and this store is an exception, but lets all give them a chance with prices continueing to go up we all may have to lower our standards just a tad...I am not a Wal-mart employee or affiliated with them and lord knows I have had my share of problems with them, but ever now and then they might surprise you, as they did me yesterday.....

I agree our walmart has very nice fabric for same prices!!! Just bought some for 3.97yd. and fat quarters for .97. Now the clerks leave alot to be desired though!!!!