Old 02-18-2012, 05:52 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
I do have one that I bought to use for metallics, but my Bernina machine came out with an attachment for metallics that I got for free. So, I haven't used it yet. I've heard good things about it though and it was only like $20.
Candace that is great you got a free attachment for your Bernia for the metallic threads, but what about your other machines - all your 301's or your 319's?

Ok Cathy, now I am really confused. I uderstand completely what you are saying about the thread needing to come off the end. Are you saying whether the spool was designed to come of vertically or horizontally - the thread still needs to feed off the end? I have a Janome and a newer Pfaff embroidery machine that have spool pins that feed either way. I do understand that when the thread is positioned on the horizontal spool pin it feeds off the end and when seated on the vertical spool pin it feeds off the end. Now I am confused about the way the thread is wound on the spools. It seems to me if the thread is both instances has to feed off the end, it shouldn't matter whether the thread is sitting horizontally or vertically when the thread is sitting on a thread guide behind the machine and feeding to the machine from the top of that thread guide? What is the problem with metallic threads then?

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 02-18-2012 at 06:02 AM.