View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 10:06 AM
desertquilter

I have an Ellageo by Babylock and I love it. :D I can do everything on it (sew, quilt (although can be tight), embroider etc.). In all honesty, I don't think you will be happy with an embroidery machine purchased by WalMart. They aren't built as well as an investment like that should be. Besides that, some of the machines say that they are built by a reputable manufacturer, but in truth, they aren't. There has been a big buy out and swapping of companies in the sewing world recently and if it says it was a Pfaff, it was really built by Singer (just put those two names in to use as an example). I recommend that you try ebay or even better, a local sew and vac store. They usually have sales and clearances on very good machines. For instance, Babylock came out with a new design on the machine I have and the sew and vac store by us had my style of machine (older style) on clearance for a fraction of the price of a new styled one. The only difference is the color of the body of the machine, everything else is the same. Just keep in mind that they will cost you a pretty penny, but in return you will have a good machine that will work well, embroider great and you will have peace of mind that it wont break every time you want to do a big project. In my honest opinion, if you are going to invest in something like that, try and get a quality machine so you get your hard earned money's worth.
:wink: Good luck on your search!