Old 02-18-2012, 08:24 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Betty seems to give me a work out no matter what I am doing, but Cathy I think the reason I really notice that treadle's workout is because I only use her to put bindings on very large quilts. That means when I am using that treadle I am sitting for a long time tugging and straightening a lot of quilt all the while treadling. I usually have to go around each quilt twice because I have never got Betty to stay consistent in her stitch. She sews consistent with a nice stitch when doing only 2 layers, but when I have a binding to attach and I am going through 7 layers, she zips through those layers like butter, but her stitch gets really funky, hence I always go around twice. The plus side is that because she walks the quilt, I never get bunched fabric or tucks! That is the only reason I keep using her to put on bindings, even though I have to go twice to get a tight stitch.

Nancy
Nancy
Besides using my Davis for attaching binding, I also straight stitch quilt with her because of that wonderful walking foot. Sometimes I have noticed that the stitches have loosened; those are the times that the tension dial has moved to the loose setting. I have noticed that the vibration off of the machine has cause the tension dial to shift. This isn't caused by the treadle since treadling is smooth and quiet. I just check on the tension dial setting with the start of a new row.