View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 11:29 AM
hheelleenn

Default I made so much extra work for myself

I recently fell in love with strip quilting. I was making the "heart strings" pattern. All was going very well. Squared up @ block PERFECT. Then I machine basted all the blocks together according to pattern. I constantly paid attention to layout so as not to have a problem. Then I laid out @ row, again referring to pattern. A-okay. It was good wow, seams lined up PERFECT. Then I started to machine baste the rows. I got 5 rows basted when I realized that I hadn't stitched over the basting putting the blocks together. I debated weather to leave it machine basted but continue with the rest. I was on the fence.I couldn't just sew between the blocks because when I sewed the rows together I did not press and sew the seams open but to one side. Ultimatly, I got my seam ripper out and started removing the machine basting putting the rows together so I could stitch the blocks. After almost 45 mins I was still pulling out the machine basted stitches on the first one!
My question is, since I did machine baste the blocks together do you think I could leave it like that ? Or do I continue to rip? A lesson learned. Frustrating.