Old 02-19-2012, 04:50 AM
TanyaL

You will only be a beginner for a short while. After that you will just be trying out new patterns, ideas, etc. BIG DIFFERENCE. Have you ever used a typewriter? The difference between a computerized sewing machine is about the same as the difference between using WORD and using a typewriter. Both can do the same thing depending on the skill of the person and the demands of the person. I can type a note on a typewriter that is as good as a note on Word. I can sew a straight line on a manual sewing machine as well as a computerized machine. However, I am not content to NOT learn anything new in sewing just as I am not content to still use a typewriter. I invested in a machine that I could learn to do everything I could imagine doing in the future. I can't say enough how much I recommend a computerized machine if you possibly think you want to learn anything except how to sew straight lines. It's like the age old question of bike or car? Both will get you there. In 1960 I bought a Pfaff that isn't out of date yet for fancy stitches and it made a manual straight stitch old fashioned. Computerized machines have buried my Pfaff in the dirt!

Last edited by TanyaL; 02-19-2012 at 04:58 AM.