View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 09:31 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I'm doing a BOM Mystery Quilt from Fat Quarters. Each block is harder than the first. I had to skip one block because it had 81 pieces and I knew when I got done with it, it would be no where near 12 1/2". They send me a package with all the fabric for the block and the pattern. I like this one. I'm also doing a couple of others from different stores where they are pre-packaged and sent to me each month and am not liking the fabric. I didn't know anything about the Super Bowl Mystery Quilt. I am thinking about doing the McCall's one though. I do many BOMs and they are always a mystery because I don't know what it is going to look like in the end. But I would like to pick my own fabric. I am doing a BOM mystery quilt at Craftsy that is free and it's taped and she's showing how easy each block is. This one I got to choose my own fabric. I really like this Craftsy.com one the best. If you go to the site, click on quilting and you'll see the free one. She's does two blocks a month and she's on month 2. Started in January. You can start from the beginning. You have to have so many FQs to begin with and a main color also. The blocks look hard, but she is the bomb at showing you how to make them really easy.