Thread: Organized Chaos
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 10:48 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I am organized. But not a neat freak. I have a bedroom I converted to a sewing room and I have dressers, a storage unit, an old fold down desk, a huge bookcase, lots of big rubbermaid tubs, really cute old suitcases, FQ fabric boxes and other containers that house all my fabric. I have a sewing desk that I bought that I had to put together. I have two long tables stuck end to end with my 24"x72" cutting mat laying on them and under the tables are all my storage containers. Also, I have a lazy susan thread holder and lots of gadgets on my tables. I have usually a few projects going at once, but I can make my room look pretty clean in an hour. But it's not a fancy room. I bought a lot of my things from Walmart. We don't have an Ikea around here. I've seen pictures of some beautiful rooms and mine is definetely not one of those. It's filled to the brim. But organized. But it does get messy when I'm working on a couple of projects at once. I seem to love to cut out all the fabric for a quilt and then set it aside and start a new one. I bought a couple of old bread boxes that I have my cut out projects in and on top of them are my excess thread. I have shelves on the walls holding my magazines and all my buttons and other miscellaneous items. I have two wooden hanging ruler holders that are filled. They also hold my scissors. I bought two hanging holders for patterns that are on my wall. I have one of those design walls that roll up into a box above my closet doors. To me, that's organized.