Old 02-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Pam H

I have found that I need to lose about 15 lbs to go down a size in pants. Congrats to those of you who have accomplished that. My day is coming.
Family get togethers are fun and nice but too often fattening. I am going to visit my mom in Florida on thursday and stay for 10 days. I already warned my sister, who will also be visiting, that we will be working out every day. Hopefully we will keep each other motivated for both exercise and eating right. My mom has been on a diet since the 70's (tops) so she shouldn't mind too much if we try for a healthy eating vacation. We usually eat strawberry shortcake every day when I am there since it is strawberry season. This year might have to be strawberries and vanilla yogurt.
I have been doing really well getting my 10,000 steps in each day. It has been almost 3 weeks and I think there were only 2 days I didn't make it. Some days I get 12-13,000.
Last week was a bad one for me with migraines. We had 3 different low pressure fronts come through bringing storms and also headaches for me. They still really need the rain here in Texas, though, so that part is good.
I am working on a quilt for my daughter. It is a kit that I bought with 5 - 1 yd cuts of fabric with a choice of 4 patterns to use. I love the fabrics which are browns and blues but for some reason I am not crazy about the quilt. It is a 4-patch and rail fence. I will try to post a picture when I get it all put together. I'm kind of wishing I had gone with a disappearing 9-patch.