Old 02-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Whigrose

Everything about this machine is interesting! It is so simple in design, yet so fabulous.

But here's the BIG NEWS! I just got all three slide plates off!!!!! Wahoo. I'm stoked. We didn't put her belt on today in case we had to take her off the table to try budging her plates. But hold your breath folks, I'm going belt her up, thread 'er up and give her a go tomoree.

Obviously with the plates off we were able to access the shuttle. Indeed there is a bobbin in there but God's truth, I'm scared to death looking and trying to figure out how the shuttle is threaded. ISMACS, here I come. If anyone has experience with this type of shuttle and you feel like jawing, I'm a captive audience :-)

You know, four weeks ago there wasn't a treadle in the house. Now there are, um, some. It's sorta like sauerkraut, you love treadling or you hate it. I equate it with my first experience at a Pow-Wow. The first drum beat I heard woke up my insides like nothing I have ever experienced. That is how these machines are to me. I talk about them to my 'elder' friends and they look at me like I lost it. Sorta like motorcycling - if you don't ride, it can't be explained.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight with all this excitement. Wahoo!! (as she lets out a loud, happy yelp.)

best,
d

Enjoy![/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=vintagemotif;4988904]...To get the plates to slide ... It may take some days ...

Here is a link to the Davis VF info: http://www.kelsew.info/Domestic/DavisVFmodels.html

Interesting where the bobbin winder is located.

Last edited by Whigrose; 02-19-2012 at 07:31 PM.