View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 07:33 PM
nickylsf

Originally Posted by Mad Mimm View Post
Wonderful blocks ladies. I must be in the minority, I like the simplicity of the Delaware block and I am excited to finally be done with the "A" States!

CK I think the center fabric on yours is very striking - whoever said it reminds them of a lightning storm was right.
Whitepine and KGreene those are some lovely fabrics in your blocks. Let's face it, there is not an "uggo" block in the group!

Here is my Arkansas block. I am having trouble with pieces shifting and have been playing with my presser foot settings and finally gave in and switched to a walking foot. Still had a bunch of movement so the top line is sewed spot on the line, but the back side is always off. Strangely enough does not seeUm to affect the final block (except of course that it is not perfectly square but I'll worry about that later!).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]313626[/ATTACH]

And now... California here I come!!!

I had intended this to be a predominantly blue block but somehow those sneaky purples stole the show. so I am determined that my next block will be green and I will get a blue one out of the bunch if it kills me! I am beginning to see too much purple in my blocks. Go figure, it is a favorite color of mine.
Sheila, your block is beautiful and I love the colors. I got a lot out of Carol's instructions in the front of the book about pinning and basting to avoid shifting of the sections. Works like a charm!