Old 02-19-2012, 08:44 PM
ragamuffin

We, our quilt club, just made Christmas balls for a hospice tree that was bought by a large company here and then donated to a charity for Christmas. I, too, had trouble with mine. I see on the right side your greem center is okay, but the blue next is not pushed far enough into the center. Your green center points are all longer on the right side. Then when you go to add the next row, you stay out further which is putting everything off. I finally had to use my little 6" ruler and measure so my next row from the center was the same all around. Try this and maybe it will come out better. When you are satisified with the whole thing, either glue it or sew it down inside under each fold. That way it will stay together. Then I would use a compass and draw a circle around it. You can either put it in a round hoop and cut the loose edges off; or you can sew or applique a different fabic around it and make it into a pillow top or frame it. I think it is beautiful as it is but you could correct it if you like.