Old 02-19-2012, 09:22 PM
purplemem

Hello!
I am still going to PT and loving it! I have only lost 1/2 pound the last two weeks, but I am going in the right direction.
If you will permit, I will discuss the Lenten season for a few minutes as it pertains to my goals for the next 40 days.

In the traditional Church year, Lent is the season of 40 days (not including Sundays) from Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday. Fat Tuesday (Mardi Gras) is the day before Ash Wednesday. It has been the practice to empty the house of all fats and red meats on Fat Tuesday in preparing of Lent, the time of fasting and penitence. I have decided for this Lenten season to participate in the religious observance of 40 days of no red meats, fats, or sugars that are unnatural. Sundays are feast days and allowed to break the fast, so I won't be wasting the frozen beef, etc. During this time I will use the extra income to feed the poor (also traditional) and use the extra cooking prep time to read, meditate and exercise.

I could not find "Sit and Be Fit" on my tv schedule, but I do have the Walking CD and will use it for walking.

I humbly ask your encourage during my Lenten practices. Just a PM to ask how I'm doing, atta girl, or the like would help me a lot as I would feel accountable for my vows. If anyone wants to join me, pls PM so we can discuss the details.

I'm hoping this will help me rid my body of too much fats and sugar and cholesterol. I recently read more information regarding the Mediterranean diet and the health benefits are enormous. Just from the Physical Therapy and following WW my blood sugar is now a steady 100 each morning and my blood pressure drops 20 points by the end of the workout. I have decreased my insulin by 30 units each day since a month ago! Awesome results for exercise 3 days a week, and limited exercise at that.

More info on the Mediterranean diet:
http://sunnysidelane.org/2012/02/17/...ing-healthful/