View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 06:46 AM
quiltinghere

[ATTACH=CONFIG]313740[/ATTACH] Here's the progress I made yesterday in MY AREA! I'm very happy with the way it's coming together. Not all of the fabric is wrapped on boards. If I did wrap, I found that less than 1 yard was not worth wrapping and putting on shelf (really couldn't see the fabric), 1-2 yards did well on 1 board, 2 or more yards did better with 2 boards.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]313741[/ATTACH] This is the fabric that was in totes folded any which way. They'll need to be gently pressed and wrapped. I imagine a good day's work ahead. IF I can't get it all onto the shelves, guess I'll have to purge some!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]313742[/ATTACH] I've been using the 6 3/4" x 10 1/2" boards. They fit nicely on the fabric when it's folded selvage to selvage and then folded one more time.

When I first became aware of using comic boards for fabric I thought...WHY would you anyone spend the extra money??? Now I know better....it was NOT expensive (I could lose more money than it cost to buy 2 packages (total $12.00) and it looks SO PRETTY!

Thanks to everyone for your opinions and questions.
Attached Thumbnails fabric-using-comic-boards-web.jpg   fabric-done-yet-web.jpg   comic-boards-web.jpg