View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 07:23 AM
paintmejudy

I agree with this suggestion if you think the block is too busy. It would be a beautiful single block.
But as I sit her and look at the 4 Hawaii blocks in a wall hanging, I do like the blocks when all together. Maybe I'll make one without the corners for my lap quilt, even though it was one of the ones I was going to leave out.
Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
Tomilu, I'm going to leave the corners plain on the Hawaii block. I think it will fit in better with the others that way. I think you'll find a way to modify it. Glad you had such a nice retreat.

PokerDiva, You spoke about the fabric in the center of mine. It was a recent purchase in the batiks and was a bit of a shock in price. The new prices have gone from 9.25 to 11.50 a yard. ACK.....

Mad Mimm, Beautiful!! But then, I like purple too. Isn't is amazing how those colors sneak in when you aren't looking.

Nicky, I work on my 2011 Buildings occasionally too. I'd sure like to get the top finished even if it doesn't get quilted right away. Be sure and post it when you're finished.