Old 02-20-2012, 08:18 AM
JeanChev

Default Used machine is a GOOD IDEA

Keep it simple. Also the suggestion of a "SEW & VAC Shop" in your area is a great one. So many machines have a large number of stitches and you end up using less than five on a regular basis. The prices rise accordingly. My machine was bought used four years ago and I am delighted with it (Viking Husqvarna) but I am thinking about the Bernina or Janome for my next one. good luck and ENJOY YOUR QUILTING. You didn't ask but best thing to do when learning is to Join A Bee, great support and friendship awaits.......

Originally Posted by Phreanie View Post
Am just beginning - don't even have a machine, or anything else but a book I purchased a few years ago. Am now ready to begin in ernest - I would like to hear from some of you about which machine is the best - I am not looking for the cheapest (within reason) but the best and most versatile, comprehensive and easy to use - specifically for quilting. I am toying with the idea of embroidery - if that complicates the issue - then just stick to the best for quilting.

Any suggestions would be appreciated - even if you can just let me know the features necessary to quilt.

B. rgds,

Virginia H.