Old 02-20-2012, 09:20 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Nancy, just because a sewing machine can sew with it, without thread breakage doesn't mean it's the best option to use for a project;>
LOL! I think it is great that Joe has found a way to use all those cones we all have tons of for our sergers! But OK I confess even if Joe gets by using the serger thread I would never try using it to piece with. I know the serger cones are a much weaker made thread and I just can't see taking the chance after all the work, time, and expense that goes into a quilt top. But, I am anal and I know it! It is great to see people can go outside the box - I am just not one of those people! Besides, I took too many classes on thread and how thread is made. I also won't use the cheap Walmart type thread either because it is what the thread companies refer to as 'medlings" (spelling?), which is the thread that is swept up off the floor when making good thread - then made into thread. I will probably really get dinged for throwing this out there! I will hold some armor over my head before you all start yelling at me!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 02-20-2012 at 09:27 AM.