Old 02-20-2012, 09:37 AM
irishrose

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Wow, y'all have been busy.
Problem - I removed the face plate on my Universal (turquoise White clone that looks like a Chevy dashboard) and it won't go back on correctly. There is a little flange of metal on the machine that fits in a slot cast in the faceplate. It simply will not seat. I'm ready to leave it crooked because I need some of its stitches. Any ideas? I also can't find the new belt I purchased, but you can't help me with that. I had the motor rewired and the other wiring looks good, so I'm ready to try it.
Nancy, it's the vertical face plate that won't go back on straight. I'm going to put on crooked and leave it until McGyver Jr (my son) rotates home again. He has a knack for such things. I had to laugh watching him Jerry rig my TV on the wall, but it's up and up to stay. I found the belt last night exactly where I had put it so I'm ready to sew. The first time plugging in is always done with a little trepidation with these old girls. Wish me luck. I wish I had an instruction book on using the fancy stitches, but I'll just have to experiment.