View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 11:25 AM
MamaO2011

Wink I'm a happy girl!

This President's Day weekend has been fun.

Friday, I won several online auctions for some great Moda charm packs I've had my eye on.

Saturday, DH encouraged me to go to a LQS about 40 minutes away (which isn't that far, considering where I live!) and spend some time building up my stash. I came away thinking I had found my LQS "home."

Sunday, I made two jelly roll race tops, and yes, ripped out the seam on that binding I sewed on wrong a week ago.

Today, I need interfacing for some Kindle covers, so I went off to JoAnn since I'm prior military and would get a 20% discount instead of just the 10%. I was waiting in line for cutting, and wandered over to the sewing tables. They had one for $269, which looked like it would work in my small space. Then I realized it was on sale for $161. And then I asked if I could use the 20% off for the table and the cashier said yes, so I became the owner of this:

http://www.joann.com/sew-essentials-...e/xprd1134127/

It's a big step up from the wobbly folding banquet table I have been using!

Best part is, I saved $187 and spent less than $170 for the desk, 10 yards of fabric, interfacing, thread and some odds and ends I need for the Kindle covers. I just realized that I need a proper cutting mat too (mine is only 12 inches), so I'm having hubby stop and get me a big one on his way home tonight. Let's hope the rest of the week goes so great!