Old 02-20-2012, 01:28 PM
qbquilts

Originally Posted by King's Daughter View Post
At her 7 year old brother's birthday party last week, where I gave him a huge Spiderman quilt, she asked when I was going to make her one. I was floored! (this is the same DGD who asked me make her a dress about 5 years ago, which also floored me--and I did make her a dress). Now I'm not very good or experienced, and it takes me a looong time to get one finished, but of course I want to make her one. It has to be one that she will like when she gets to college because that's probably how long it will take me! Anyhow, I'd like suggestions on fairly simple patterns that a teenage girl would like. She has already specified orange and blue, and she likes batiks. She is also pretty artsy and musical, and is in all her school plays. Thanks for the suggestions!
I'm not sure of any specific pattern (or even what the style is called), but I immediately thought of a positive/negative quilt. Think of a two color image (orange flower on blue background for example). Draw a line down the middle and on one side reverse the orange and blue. I typically see these with appliques.