View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 04:34 PM
wesing

Originally Posted by penski View Post
i do have one question, did you do all the quilting in Blue thread , i cant tell from my photo? i like the way it stands out , i was thinking about quilting a quilt with a differant color than the material but was not sure it would look right , i was always told to match the thread with the material color but i was thinking about go "outside the box" on my quilt,
Penski -

Yes, this is quilted with navy blue on the top and a medium/cornflower blue on the back. Since the top has such contrast between the blue and yellow there was no way to "hide" the quilting. If I had time I would have searched for a blue and yellow veriegated thread, but we wanted to finish as soon as we could.

We audition thread by laying a couple of feet of thread on the top to see how it looks. You can't really tell by holding the spool up because the color looks much different in small doses than it does all bunched up on the spool. Throw a few pieces of thread on your top and see what you think. Be sure and post pictures!

Thanks everyone for all the encouraging comments. We gave her the quilt on Saturday and she loves it. We put it right on her bed and her granddaughter says she hasn't stopped talking about it. We are so grateful that there was something we could do for her.

Darren