Old 02-20-2012, 04:59 PM
NUBQ

Default Which machine (s) are best - from a Beginner

Virginia..I would not hesitate to buy a Janome machine..Whatever price range you can do, you will not be sorry..If you reseach, they make a lot of the brands you see on the market now..Why not go for the mother of all of them?...I bought a low-end DC2007LE in'o8..I never see it mentioned, but I put a walking foot on this machine, and finished this tote yesterday, with 2 layers of fleece besides the iron-on interfacing and the layers of fabric in the 'handle', for instance....NO problem with the walking foot..a necessity with the light machines, but sews through it all just fine...
It has the up/down needle, thread cutter& threader. Computerized for easy push button stitches...Love this little machine..I have 3 Janomes and just ordered a Singer 403 on EBay. for extremely heavy sewing..
Don't have it yet, but gosh, now I will have to thread my needle, cut my thread, roll the wheel for a down needle..Whatever will I do??
Stick with this Quilting board..you will learn plenty along the way, with great video links.. Thank you QB...
Now I will try to attach a picture of aforesaid 'Tote" berni
Attached Thumbnails dscn0997.jpg