View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Fritzy

I started using the comic book boards & just love them. I had ordered some on line but then realized I had a comic book store right in my town & they were cheaper getting them there. I usually only use one board & have wrapped up to 6 yds or more on one. I have all my fabric in totes so I don't have to worry about trying to stand them up. The smallest I wrap is one yard & I found the best thing to hold them on is with the #2 small ideal clamps from Office Max. You can get 50 for $3.00 or wait for their sale of 20 % off whatever fits in the bag. They kind of look like a criss cross paper clips. I also measure the fabric before putting it on the board & then use the string price tags, with the hole in them, and put the amount of fabric that is on the board. I just cut the string off & use a cheap tiny safety pin to pin it to the fabric. The fabric that is less than a yard I measure & just fold it & put a tag on it with the amount. I love how easy it is to see what fabric I have & if I need a certain amount all I have to do is look at the tags & know if it will work or not. I have a long ways to go but it sure is fun finding fabric that I didn't remember that I had!