Thread: Advise please.
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 06:53 AM
Helovesme

I have a Bernina 440QE and really really like it. My husband bought it for me, so it's not like I had any say so. However, I thought it was going to be WAY TOO MUCH machine for me, but turns out it's great. I have used the BSR stitch regulator and I need alot of practice. It's easy to use and I am learning a whole lot from having this machine. It's easy to hook up, and you get 2 different ways you can use it. There's the start/stop button method, which I have not used a whole lot. I prefer to use the other method -- when I move my fabric, it starts quilting. When I stop moving the fabric, it stops. Don't know what I would change about it. I've not gotten my darning foot out yet and tried fmq with it. Some people say you have better control with just the darning foot. Some have said they cannot control the stitch regulator as well as they would like. Since I'm not that great at it (yet) I hope to be some day, I'm pretty happy with it and my Bernina. My LQS is AWESOME and will answer any question I have and help me with my learning curve. I would recommend you buy it since you're getting it at a discount. Will they allow you to try it out?