View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 12:00 PM
yngldy

I was in a store once and carrying around a bolt of "hand dyed" fabric (pre batik frenzy.) The kind that had drops of one color, then another on top of that, etc so that it had different colors in patches. (can't remember name of it) Anyway, I only wanted a little bit, but the part I wanted was in the beginning of a cut. I was waiting for my turn, and the sales person said I could put the bolt down while I was waiting. I started to look at the patterns next to me to kept me occupied. The lady having her stack of fabric cut said she would like so much of this. I wasn't looking (but thought she was still working on her stack) and she had taken "my" bolt and had them cut off some of it. When I realized what they had done, I looked at the fabric and the color had changed to a completely different color and if I wanted "my" color, I would have to buy 3X as much to get back to my color. Didn't even ask how much I wanted before she helped herself. What if I wanted the whole bolt? Told the cutter there wasn't enough now for what I wanted and left the store.

Last edited by yngldy; 02-21-2012 at 12:02 PM.