Thread: critique please
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Scissor Queen

Originally Posted by paulswalia View Post
What were the rules set for the challenge? ie size, required fabrics, how many fabric can you add, etc. Might help us help you better. Right now the middle section doesn't relate all that well to the bottom. Could you put this section on the top instead? Then would appear to be like a landscape with green grass on bottom, some sky with birds flying and then white topped mountains above it all. That way you wouldn't have to take out all that white!
The only rule was to do something related to the title. The title is Kansas, My Kansas or the state of your choosing. The middle blocks are Kansas Trouble blocks. Personally I think the trouble is they're a pain in the *** to put together!! The bottom blocks are Kansas Dugout blocks and the top is flying geese.

The "troubles" the KT blocks refer to are a huge part of our history so they need to stay. The dugout blocks are also a huge part of the settlement of Kansas since there weren't any trees out here and you had two choices to build a home to start with. The flying geese are because Kansas has the largest stop over in the central migratory bird route. I'm going to add wheat to the left side and a wild sunflower to the right side and a Meadowlark in the bottom section. I'm going to border it with some barn board print fabric to represent our historic barns.