Thread: frustration
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 02:12 PM
krysti

Default frustration

Hi! I am VERY new to quilting. I started off purchasing 2 small charm packs so I could practice piecing them together. The ones I purchased had pinked (is that right?) edges. I noticed that they all didn't match up that well, some were really uneven when I pieced them together. My seams were straight, but.....were they not all the same size?! I THINK I am ready to start my first real quilt top. I am starting small, with a small lap quilt for my little boy. I purchased fat quarters and cut the squares using my Go Baby (DH got it for me for Valentine's Day). As I began piecing them together, I was really pleased because they were going together and matching up so much better! However, I am now having trouble as the ends seem to be fraying more, and the material is getting caught up in the feed dogs. I am trying to be gentle when I remove the material; but it frayes even more. Is it something I am doing wrong, or a problem with machine, or ??? So far, my best friend has been the seam ripper