Old 02-21-2012, 05:10 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Well I found this in Alabaster,AL. It is about an hour from here. Went down to help a friend with some work on her house she is handicapped and can't do much on the outside of the house and cam home with the WW8. Stop on the way back home at an antique shop and could not resist it(cheap). Was in rough shape so wanted to try my luck at it. Spent about 12 hours on the head and about six on the cabinet. I have to make drawers for it they are all beat up but the cabinet was in good shape. Now I am on the lookout for attachment feet for it. I only have one regular foot with the brass insert. Would like to fine the glass feet for it. Now that I have a manual will get it to sew this weekend. I am sure it will have tension to tell with. It is a very quite running machine. It did come with three bobbins and the head was complete. the cabinet had the key and one wrench and screwdriver original to the machine but no attachments. Pat said I can lool for attachment feet but no more machines this year Yeah right!!!! The imagine of the logo was visible so filled it in with gold paint the best I could and then wiped it down so the decal would looked flaked and aged. I think I need more practice at this tho...
Glenn, You did an excellent job with the gold paint! Your a brave man to try that. Beautiful machine and cabinet! Enjoy!