View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 06:11 PM
mom2boyz

Originally Posted by EllieGirl View Post
My husband is a hoarder and I fight this battle constantly. We have a very large basement and two storage sheds in the back yard. He never puts stuff back where it belongs, and as a result has at least two tool boxes! It makes me crazy!!
My dad had close to a dozen tool boxes--he was a former construction superintendent--and he knew what was in every one of them. One year we got a baby gosling that he intended to train as a "watch goose", as in a "watch dog". It grew very rapidly but learned its duties not at all. When he was on some kind of building project, he would place the tool boxes he would be using out on the driveway. One day he came in the house and acccused my mom of borrowing one of his tools and not returning it. She protested she had done no such thing. The same thing occurred on several following days. Then Mom looked out the kitchen window and saw the thief, none other than our goose which would go over to a tool box, pick up a tool and transport it over to a grassy area and hide it in the grass. Lucy Goosie's days with us were numbered from then on. But that's a whole different story!