View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 09:07 PM
grannyoquilting

Default My Mother's Prayer Quilt

My life has turned upside down these past few months. My Mother has Alizhiemers, and most of you who have dealt with this know what a horrible disease this is. On New Year's Eve she was put into a nursing home. She had broke her arm the day before and that night took the cast off and fell again waking my Dad. She did a lot more damage that time. Then in the middle of the month my DH had a mole removed, it came back cancer. At the first of Febr. my Mother had a stroke and was put in the hospital with phnemonia. My sister and Dad both called to say I should come home to Nebr. My DH canceled his scheduled surgery to go home with me. Dr. said it could go either way with her. While I was there and from all the prayers being said for her she recovered and even got some of her swallowing back but not enough to sustain her so we had to make the call to put a feeding tube in her stomach. I am glad to say she is doing much better and back at the home. She is unable to go back home at this time and may never. My DH and I came home so he could have his surgery to remove the area around his mole on his back. It was between his shoulder blades and is a hard place to heal because of the area it is in. I am glad to say his report came back no cancer in the surrounding area. I finished this quilt for my Mother. It is her prayer quilt. I quilted it with praying hands for the number of people praying for her. I quilted crosses for her beautiful faith. I quilted roses for her inner and outer beauty. She taught me how to sew and it has led me to this. I hope you enjoy her prayer quilt. I put minkie on the back to make it soft for her. Thank you all for looking at my Mother's quilt.
Attached Thumbnails dscn4867.jpg   dscn4872.jpg   dscn4874.jpg   dscn4873.jpg