Old 02-22-2012, 08:36 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Weedwoman View Post
I don't care what anybody says, I love my old T & Sew 626. Maybe because it's what I started out with and it's always done right by me and I've never had a problem. I do have a 306 and don't like that machine at all, I think mostly because you have to tilt the head to install the bobbin case. I have one that is is wonderful running order with 28 cams, lots of the needles it takes and attachments and I'd sell it in a minute, if someone wanted it bad enough to come get it. My cat would miss it because he lays on the closed cabinet to look out the den window. That's my two cents worth. I say, if you have good luck with a machine, that's all the matters.
Cathy says she likes the T&S 600 series. My only experience was with a T&S 750. That machine came to me not sewing properly. I got that dang thing adjusted, but man was that a pain to do. That was my first for the T&S. All the time I was working on that machine, I was thinking I now know one reason why so many women hated to sew, they must of learned on this crappy machine. I sold that machine. Luckily the gal that bought that machine was mainly interested in the cabinet, which made me feel much better knowing that. Money received from that machine went into making a quilt for a victim of the Joplin tornado.

I agree that if one has good luck with the machine then that is all that matters; at least the machine is loved!