Thread: Gas prices!
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 09:59 AM
QuiltingKrazy

Not sure if it will jump that much that soon but it is going up. The business I work in deals with petroleum products to make things and everyone is raising prices and average of 7% March 5. That is only the first of many yet to come.

Yes everything will be effected by higher fuel costs and as the majority on products and foods are shipped by trucks!

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I was filling my car this morning and the gas truck came to fill the underground tanks. The driver was talking to the owner. The driver said before you use this gas up the price will be at least $2 a gallon more. The gas is now $3.85 for regular and that will be $5.85 per gallon really soon! It won't effect me that much because I don't have everyday driving I have to do and can easily combine my trips. The gas price is just the tip of it. Everything will be more expensive following a gas price increase. I am shocked the cost increase of food in just a few weeks. I noticed a bag of Doritos were $4.89 yesterday at the local grocery. I have a bag that has been in my pantry since before Christmas (grands left them here) the bag price was $2.79. ??? Who will pay $5 for a bag of chips? I feel really worried about all this for so many that are not and cannot get prepared for the drastic increase of prices.