Old 02-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Miz Johnny

I have had several T & S machines, but the only ones I'll mess with now are the 600 and 603. They both have metal gears and the ones I've had have sewn well.
Truth is, we all have our favorites, for whatever reason. I don't much care for the 66, although I like cranking the 99. I prefer the 306 to 319 because of it's simplicity, but I do have two 319s (one black, one green), so may try treadling one. I've been thinking about that for a long time. I can see why everyone prefers the 403/503 to the 401/500--that simplicity thing wins out every time!
Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Cathy says she likes the T&S 600 series. My only experience was with a T&S 750. That machine came to me not sewing properly. I got that dang thing adjusted, but man was that a pain to do. That was my first for the T&S. All the time I was working on that machine, I was thinking I now know one reason why so many women hated to sew, they must of learned on this crappy machine. I sold that machine. Luckily the gal that bought that machine was mainly interested in the cabinet, which made me feel much better knowing that. Money received from that machine went into making a quilt for a victim of the Joplin tornado.

I agree that if one has good luck with the machine then that is all that matters; at least the machine is loved!