Old 02-22-2012, 07:33 PM
eileensquilting

Default Island Sunset - Designer

Originally Posted by swanrd View Post
I would love to make a queen size in this pattern can anyone figure it for me? in the book it makes a 40 1/4 X 56 1/2 & I am not good at redoing the math. The quilt is Island Sunset in the book twist & turn bargello quilts. Thanks for your help.
CathieB (swanrd )
Hi Ladies! It has been awhile and that is because I have been busy working on a followup book called More Twist and Turn Bargello Quilts - ---- By Request! The most frequently requested quilt was Island Sunset in Queen Size and I have done it. I tried quite a few ways of enlarging it - most of which have been suggested here by others. None of them pleased me too well. So I did a total redesign using strips cut at 2 1/2". I believe most of my designs are more effective in the size they were created - mostly smaller. Except for the ones I designed to be large. My quilting buds all tell me that they like my large Sunset and I did my best to make it great. I actually did it in a colourwash of fabrics just to add to the charm of it. That was the good news. The bad news is that this second book is not due to be released until July 2013. I truly hope you will wait for it.

I am thrilled that you are still creating my designs and I am always happy to help in any way that I can.
Keep on stripping - Eileen Wright