View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 11:21 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I have all my fabric grouped by the fabric line. I have them stacked up on my bookcases grouped together and in big rubbermaid tubs. Also in drawers in my dressers and I bought FQ fabric boxes. I've spent so much on storage containers that I hate to change my way but it would be so nice to have them all on display. But, I have lots of fabric, but mostly it's kits and fabric lines (like layers cakes, jelly rolls, charms and yardage). So I lay my layer cakes down, put my fabric on top, then the FQs and charms and jelly rolls. That's how I stack them. My rubbermaid tubs are long and not deep so I can see through them to see my fabric. But the fabric FQ boxes I have, I have to look inside to see what I have. I have one bookcase and one stand up storage unit (like a bookcase with doors on it) and the rest is the tubs, FQ boxes and dressers. Should I get rid of everything but the bokcase and storage unit and buy a couple more bookcases so I can see at a glance all my fabric? And what do you do about FQs? I have so many of them. They wouldn't fit on a comic card, would they? And does anyone else group their fabric by the lines instead of color?