Old 02-23-2012, 12:51 PM
DawnFurlong

Default Bel Air 600 sewing machine (1952) - picture heavy

I am ready to order parts to rewire this machine. I did send an email to Jenny at Sew Classic with a few questions. She responded (very quickly I want to add!) - that these Japanese machines are basically rather generic, so there isn't an exact answer as to which parts will definitely fit. She didn't really think this machine was a clone of a 66 - but it seems most like a 66 than other machines. I am nervous ordering these parts for the first time - so thought I would run it by the experts here on the Vintage forum to see if you believe I am going in the right direction. I am planning on ordering the Motor, light, cord set and controller (package has everything) - http://www.shop.sew-classic.com/Moto...ectrical15.htm While the package does reference the 15's, when I started pulling individual parts - they were the same as what exists in this package. The cord set - that is the set up on my machine in the cabinet. The foot controller will connect to that set up, hence it is in the package. My motor is mounted with a bracket, which looks to be L shaped. The only difference I see is the light. My light has a round bracket that screws in under the round silver plate on the back of the machine. BUT - that light hangs loosey goosey (obviously not original to the machine). I am thinking the light in this kit will work fine. If it doesn't, then I'll figure that out later. I have posted a variety of pictures of my sewing machines. I do not have any pictures of the wiring in the cabinet. But there is a 2 prong box that the light/motor plug into. The long cord from that box is the power cord, comes off to the left. On the right, the cord goes to the mounted foot controller. Looks like the cord set up in the package referenced above. Am I on the right track? [ATTACH=CONFIG]314844[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]314846[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]314847[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]314849[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]314850[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]314851[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]314852[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails imag0184.jpg   imag0186.jpg   imag0187.jpg   imag0188.jpg   imag0189.jpg  

imag0190.jpg   imag0191.jpg   imag0192.jpg   imag0196.jpg  

Last edited by DawnFurlong; 02-23-2012 at 12:54 PM.