Old 02-23-2012, 01:53 PM
love to sew

Default What would you charge? or how much would you pay?

I have an HQ-16 LA. I have quilted for QOV and baby quilts for Christ Child Society and myself. But I have never quilted for hire and still don't intend too. However, I was asked if I would be able to quilt for someone who is piecing a quilt for hire and what would I charge if I could do it. I don't think the quilt will be easy to quilt as she was requested to make the quilt from the women's daughter's baby clothes using the lace, trims and all the various types of fabrics into a "crazy quilt". So, that being said it can not be an E2E pattern and will probably need some stich in the ditch (which I don't like to do!) and all over meandering being careful to go around the items that would break the thread or needle. My thought was that if I did quilt this for money I would donate it to the charity that the woman piecing it and I are both involved in. She wanted a price so she could give a quote to the woman she is making it for. I suggested she get a quote from a professional quilter and it got me thinking what a pro would charge. The quilt is going to be 40 x 60. So what do you think? What would you charge? and if you don't LA what would you be willing to pay?