Old 02-23-2012, 02:09 PM
LindaM49

Thanks for your replies.

loving mama: I've never heard of a low tension bobbin case...lol. I won't be sewing for a few days since hubby is going to paint my sewing room...it needs it BAD. When it's done...probably over the weekend since he's taking off to start tomorrow...I can begin to set up this room the way I want it. On Monday I will call the Janome dealer and ask about this and tell them what is happening.

jillnjo: Yes...the foot is on correctly and I pulled down the part that goes into the foot. I will try a small sandwich since I have a lot of the fabric I used for this project. It sews perfect over the wide border and in between all of the pieced seams.

Scissor Queen: I am using Klasse (German Steel Machine needles)that says Quilting on the front of the package. On the back it says...The tapered point penetrates the fine fabrics used in quilting. The strengthened shaft helps to reduce needle deflection as it penetrates multiple layers of fabric. Then it says...best for machine quilting, patchwork and projects with thick layers and CROSSING SEAMS. Use with cotton, poly, rayon or blended quilting thread. As I said...the dealer told me to buy these particular needles over universal needles...and said they sell a lot of them for quilting. I'll check for Topstitch needles too then I guess. He wanted me to buy the thread that they sell and when I went for my free instruction class...dumb me forgot to buy it. They sell Madeira and Mettler. HE said that the Madeira is most popular with quilters while the woman who did my free class said she prefers Mettler. LOL