Old 02-23-2012, 02:26 PM
DawnFurlong

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Yes, you can order either of the tap in spool pins with the thread guide holes. That's what I did with mine.
Mine didn't want to stay in even with the encouragement of a hammer. It kept popping out. Not knowing just how hard I could wail on the pin before damaging the machine I put it in my drill motor and used a file to reduce the angle at the tapered end. That seems to have worked. At least it hasn't come out again.

I mentioned the belt because sometimes when you change motors the spacing isn't the same. And an old belt will be worn and I just figure a new motor deserves a new belt.

Joe
Belts are inexpensive - doesn't hurt to be new with everything else. Thought I would ask. My machine says it was made in Occupied Japan (on the gold badge on the front). Is that the same with the Sewmor's?

I'll have to look, but I vaguely remember seeing a couple of belts in the drawer of the cabinet this machine is mounted in. They were amber colored, not black - but I don't remember seeing the little notches that are on the one you linked too. But - that was a month or so ago, and I didn't spend to much time looking at them, jut stuck them back in the drawer.