View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 09:43 PM
CMARAS1234

I had lifted a very heavy well pump motor in August,, and tore the rotator cuff 70% ,tore the bicep muscle ,two tendons, and pulled my right arm out of socket by 1/2 inch. I could not lift it or move it at all. it was totally dead. i thought I could never be able to use it again. and I am right handed .

I was sent to a sport medicine surgeon,and I had a REVERSE SHOULDER put in. where they screwed the titanium ball to the end of my shoulder blades and the socket to the end of my arm, in the hospital for three days, was in a huge sling for six weeks and then 4 weeks of therapy,, The therapy was a breeze, They said It was the quickest recovery time they ever had. and Now I can do all the things I use to do with that arm and no Pain. It was a real miracle, and I am so Blessed to be able to work in my yard, cook ,clean , quilt, etc. I am 74, and retired in Fl. I go to KY every summer and live on my house boat till labor day.And yes,I have a featherweight onboard to sew and quilt with, when I an not fishing. hehe So take heart, you can recover , back to normal, cmaras.