View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 01:20 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by harrishs View Post
I am needing more room for my vintage sewing machine collection and am thinking that room could come from selling some of my stash----I am going to try to post a picture of alittle over half my stash----cottons----(the wall is 16 foot long). I really am not able to ship out so what is the best way---ad in paper? on Craigs list? a garage sale is not really it, is it?......do I sell by the pound or yard or sack full? and how much is a fair price? I can't afford to give it all away but don't intend to get rich either. thanks for any suggestions you have......
If you can't ship, what about renting a booth at a quilt show? or a craft show? Buy ziplock bags. Mark size of piece, and figure on a price per yard and stick with it for all pieces.

or for that matter-------------do you have any consignment malls? One gal at our local mall uses the ziplock bags, marks the size of the piece, and then charges $3 per yard. Some small pieces, once in a while 3 yds.

A yard sale won't get any decent return for your money. Craigslist might--depending on your location.