Old 02-24-2012, 01:35 AM
Nanamoms

Default Turquoise Universal

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Jan, do the decals survive the kerosene soak and come out in such nice condition? As soon as the garage warms up, I'm soaking parts of the Redeye, but can I soak it all? I didn't think so.

e machiners - will a belt that too tight stop the motor? I had the motor rewired on my turquoise Universal and bought a new belt. It seemed small and the machine sewed a few stitches and quit. I took off the belt and the motor worked. I tried the old belt, but it's in bad shape so I couldn't tell anything. I'm thinking a cogged belt that just fits will be better. On top of that I have no manual and haven't figured out the combination of settings to get straight stitching or the built in decorative stitches. Not an easy machine to thread, but I'm sure I have that correct.
irishrose, I was just thinking about you!! I'm the one who is getting my Mother's Turq Universal and I believe it was you who wanted a copy of the manual. The machine is still at my Brother's house and I will email him and get him to mail me the manual. I will PM you when I get it. I can't wait to get the Universal here but it's about 2 hours away and I have to wait until my grandson can go with me in his truck. The cabinet is stuffed full of stuff...my mom SAVED everything (unless my Dad threw it out. LOL) so I'm anxious to go thru all the drawers. My Mom also had about 4 boxes of stuff she had saved. It will be a treasure hunt, for sure.

If you don't get a PM from me in about a week, PM me...I'm getting really bad with remembering things...although I do write notes to myself!! LOL Carolyn

Last edited by Nanamoms; 02-24-2012 at 01:39 AM.