Thread: Container Tip?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 03:32 AM
cousinpenny

Location: living in Hampton Roads area (Chesapeake, VA) originally from S Beloit, IL

I use a CPAP machine so I always have plenty of gallon water jugs. I've been able to cut out a triangle of plastic and use it to dip into the bird food bag to fill the feeders. There's enough weight to make the corner opposite the handle the perfect filling spout. Also, if you just want to put out small holes and you can make your own feeders for birds (squirrels will tear them apart). You can make a hole for a stick/branch for the birds to perch and one for them to grab the seed through.

I make handmade gifts to have at Christmas and they are well received. Tins make the perfect traveling sewing kit if you know the receipent, you can customize the fabric. A couple of pre-threaded needles, clear buttons, and basic color threads and you have a great gift. A small tin for work or travel people and or a pencil box/case for a college bound student.

I've been reusing my tissue boxes to hold my orts and snips. I hang some pieces in an onion bag near the shrubs to provide birds nesting materials.

I am just like the group.....reuse, reduce, recycle. I have plenty more ideas and will enter more later.