Old 02-24-2012, 06:36 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor View Post
I was given this Singer 127 as a boat anchor and I decided to practice cleaning and restoring on it. There were some kind of mud nesting bugs that had half flilled the face insides and all across the arm of the machine. It was rusted solid on the inside.
Well I have it as good as I can get it. She is still missing a front slide bobbin plate, shuttle and bobbin and in the cleaning her bobbin winder broke. She is going into storage until I decide what to do with her, but she is clean and turns easily now. Maybe she just needs a new home, too.

Texas Jan
OK Jan now I am inspired! My DH brought home a Minnesota H treadle yesterday that he picked up for $20 while he and his Dad were ought and about! The treadle is not in really bad shape, a little veneer missing as usual and a wheel missing on the treadle, but the machine looks like the before of your machine! I looked at it and thought, geeze, do I want to even try to tackle this one? I have restored plenty of machines, but not without damaging their decals - so I am going to try again because of you! I am not sure whether I should thank you or scream at you for giving me another 'job' to do! I guess I will wait until I am done and see how it came out! Then I may hug you!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 02-24-2012 at 06:39 AM.