View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 06:54 AM
sweetana3

"Would you please share the list of topics you used, and how you divided them? a picture of the shelves? I wanted to label the sections but I cannot label the shelves themselves, looking for a method."

I dont know how to put up a picture.

It would kind of depend. If I had over 4+ books in a category or author I really liked, I would put them together. I used foam core from Hobby Lobby cut into rectangles long enough to extend a little more than the books and marked the topic with black marker so I could see it. Topics are mostly
Foundation piecing, Country Threads, Applique, Redwork, Sunbonnet Sue, Baltimore, Tools, Settings and Borders, Judy Martin, Country, Amish, History, Marston, Whimsicials, Possiblities, Piece o Cake, Thimbleberries, Burns, Bonnie Hunter, Scrap Quilts, Red Wagon, Quilting Itself, Quiltmania, Art to Heart, Kindred, Need'l Love, etc.

The categories will really depend on what you enjoy and have. A big category is still Miscellaneous.

The books take up about 7 shelves on a set of bookshelves and the magazines are stacked on the bottom three shelves. I clipped all my Quilters Newsletters and Australian magazines but still cannot cut up the others.

Ana