View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 08:07 AM
amandasgramma

As others have said -- there are variables. I've stopped taking customer quilts - I have 14 on the shelves to be done and I plan on traveling this summer (after all, I'm RETIRED!). This is a part time job for me, I have a life beyond quilting, and I'm SLOOOOOW! I do custom quilting for the most part. I have a King quilt on the machine right now ---- VERY VERY dense quilting (for a show) and it's taken me a month. I have another 2 days work, I believe. I've also had health problems that have slowed me down even more.
Your quilter SHOULD have told you when it would be done, and then called you if she couldn't make the due date. That being said --- I find it MOST irritating when someone constantly calls me to ask how I'm doing. I mean, calling every other day. I told one customer when it would be done.....something like 3 months away. She started calling me once a week and then the closer the due date was she started calling every other day. Folks -- that took away from my quilting time!!!!!!! So please be courteous, ask her when her new due date is, then give her a day or so --- THEN start calling -- don't call BEFORE she's even had time to get it on the machine.